Monday, May 10, 2010

Ice cream

Washington, DC, day 5 and I've just seen the light of day - quite literally, and the VERY BEST ice cream I think I can EVER remember having... from Dolcezza Gelato in Georgetown, about a 20 minute walk from my new home, and well worth every step of the way.

I went for three big flavours with a Thai coconut, an amazing Valrhona chocolate and an organic pistachio. The three together just rocked, and I know there are going to be so many return visits now this discovery has proven to be so amazing.

The weather since I arrived has been so so perfect, by all accounts, Spring has come a month earlier than usual, so this afternoons impromptu ice cream trip was made all the better for the sun being high up in a glorious blue sky.

There's a tiny little patch of seating in Book Hill Park, on the way back from Dolcezza, the perfect spot to enjoy my treat while watching the traffic trundle up and down Wisconsin Avenue, I've arrived DC, and you know what, I think I'm going to get to like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment